Spring is here for 2017! With that we celebreate renewed life of nature as well as the anticipation of getting the John Deere mower out for the first time of the year. This post includes some interesting facts about Spring!
Fun Facts about Spring
- March 20, 2017 marked Spring Equinox...what does that mean exactly? It's the moment when the sun crosses the celestial equator going from south to north...starting spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
- The Spring & Fall Equinoxes are the only two times in the year when the sun rises due East and sets due West. You may have noticed this recently if you've been driving at daybreak or twilight hours.
- Before it was called Spring, the season was known as Lent or Lenten.
- In ancient Greece, Persephone was the goddess of spring and would preside over growth.
- Some believe that one can stand an egg on its end during the Spring Equinox, but with a little patience, one can achieve this on any given day! ;)
- When we think Spring we may think Easter. It falls on the first Sunday following the first full moon after the start of Spring. This year's first full moon after Spring has started is April 11th.
- Ever heard of the Easter Egg Roll? It happens on the White House lawn. It was started by President Rutherford B. Hayes in 1878. He was the 19th President.
- Your Spring flowers may have begun to bloom such as daffodils, lilies, tulips, iris, and lilacs.
- The earliest known use of the term, spring cleaning, dates back to 1857.
Now that you are really thinking about Spring, you may be thinking about that John Deere lawn mower! :) If it's needing an upgrade to a New John Deere mower click here
. Or if you are interested in a Used John Deere lawn mower click here
. Now if it's not raining, get out there and enjoy Spring!